Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. Yes, I am sure many argue whether it is a holiday or to, but eh no matter! I do not drink so it has nothing to do with that. I think it is my obsession with the Irish and the pure blooded red headedness! Yes, I am sure that makes me odd, but I am ok with that!

So I thought well lets make corned beef and cabbage and such this year...
I have never cooked corned beef before...
I have never ate corned beef before...
I do like cabbage, carrots and potatoes!

So uh so far the corned beef has been in the slow cooker for 5 hours...it just does not look right?? :S lol

How in the heck can you REALLY tel if it is done. NO, I have no meat thermometer. Yes I should have thought of that yesterday while at the store! :S

I will let you know how it ends up. I am waiting for my dad and brother to come over, so hopefully, my dad who has had corned beef before and cooked way more meats than I have, can tell me if it is safe or not, lol. And it still, to me, does not look appetizing, and I even cooked it :S

No comments:

Post a Comment