Wednesday, January 20, 2010

DQS8

I was worried at first about what to make my partner this time around, she likes very simplistic and had some dislikes on types of fabrics and colors, so I was like "O". But I feel have pulled through alright and I love what I have made and wish I had made one for myself! I used some fabrics from an old line of french prints by Doreen Speckmann for Clothworks, Provence, for inspiration.This line is indeed a few yeas old and while trying to remember the name of it I was googling and I guess I never realized or I had forgotten I knew that she had passed away. Doreen Remembrance Here is a little website of remembrance of her.




Here is my o so technical drawing. :)



Here is the finished top waiting to be pinned with the batting and backing.

And here is the backing peeking over to the other side. I believe I am going to use the red print that has the yellow and green flowers on it for the binding. (is pictured in first picture)


Overall I am very happy with what I have done so far and hope my partner enjoys it as well! :) I plan on going simple line quilting, but have yet to choose a color of thread yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment