Monday, July 27, 2009

Air Conditioning

:S I am not an outside kinda girl, I like night time better, I am allergic to the sun so with that said....there is no air conditioning in the room where I am sewing currently!!!!! YES IT SUCKS...Id rather cuss atm but I am trying to cut back on that. Ugh, all I can say is run an iron, and sew and etc etc....it is so tiring as well besides just overall crappy. There used to be A/C just none atm and it does not seem like there will be any in that room again for who knows how long!!!! :S Yeh so I am drained from the heat already and I have not even done that much!!! Sheesh. Anyhoo enough on that more on what I have been doing.

I have finished the Buttercup Bag. I am glad I made a trial run as I said with bits left over. I like the pattern, very cute and the construction is simple which is also good. But on the next one, I will change a few things among the few things I had already changed on the trial one. First I like doing my handles a certain way so I kept with that. They are sewn in when you sew in the lining. And on the next one I will use fusible interfacing on the bag because i do not like how flimsy it is. Now this has a lot to do with fabric choices I am sure, but I did use just 100 percent cotton so it is too flimsy for my taste. Other than that I think we are good. The only thing I wish I had done that I was going to on this one, is use the solid black on the top bit as opposed to the same fabric as I used for the bag.



I have also started on the doll quilt for DQS7 but I must go to the store and buy some more greens and some embroidery thread so for now it is sitting in a pile waiting to go to the store with me tomorrow.

Also tomorrow we am going with the realtor to look at houses. I am excited!!!! Going oto go make food for now, a bit hungry! I hope to get more sewing done but with an early morning and no AC :( will probably have to wait until tomorrow night when the day has cooled off.

No comments:

Post a Comment