Monday, May 10, 2010

Just because...

I did not spend the beginning years changing diapers.
I did not spend time potty training.
I did not get to see them off to their first day at school.
I did not get to give them a big brother or sister(yet!).
I did not get to help them with their homework.

Or send them off to highschool.
See them get their first touchdown, or award!

I did not get to usher them off to prom sadly, taking too many pictures! :D
I did not get to teach them to drive or see them graduate.

And then see them so proudly grow into a young man or woman and marry
and have their very own bundles of joy.

Just because I did not get the gift of doing any of these things
DOES NOT mean I am not a mother just like you.

To all the mothers who have lost a loved child before their time to blossom into beautiful people!
To all of us who share this heartache. And to all of those who think we are not mothers, or fathers, I do not know what to tell you but that you are indeed wrong! And I hope one day you become a better person on that end.

You are my tiny angel that has grown up in a wonderful haven my son.

Zachary Wayne Tillman
October 20, 1998 - October 20, 1998

How the time has gone by and I do miss you so, but I know you watch over me daily and ofr that and you I am ever so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment